Perfeccionar el contrato

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Rody, May 30, 2006.

1. Rody Junior Member

Spanish, Spain
    Hola a todos:

¿Cómo se traduce "el arrendador elevará a escritura pública dicho contrato de compraventa.... por dicho acto se entenderá se perfeccionará el contrato de compraventa"?

Muchas gracias.

2. blue-eyes

blue-eyes Senior Member

English - Spain
    Hola Rody....
    perfeccionar el contrato es cuando entra en vigor, traducido como
    the contract becomes fully binding
    o
    the contract takes effect

espero te sea de ayuda
    saludos@todos

3. Rody Junior Member

Spanish, Spain
    Muchas gracias.

4. monteslu0 New Member

spanish
    a ver, para ser más "técnico-jurídico", en inglés se traduce por "to conclude acontract" o "have a concluded contract", "the contract becomes concluded"...

5. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

I like "takes effect" for the English translation. "Conclude a contract" sounds very awkward to me.

6. 0scar Senior Member

Furlan-Argjentine
    "...the contract will be put in final conformity with the law"

7. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

This sounds very awkward in English.

8. 0scar Senior Member

Furlan-Argjentine
    Main Entry: perfect
    Pronunciation: p&r-'fekt
    Function: transitive verb

to complete or put in final conformity with the law

to make something complete, in conformity with the law, or valid against third-party claims

dictionary.com

9. David Senior Member

This question was raised 3 years ago. Not sure of its relevance now for Rody.

"el arrendador elevará a escritura pública dicho contrato de compraventa.... por dicho acto se entenderá se perfeccionará el contrato de compraventa"?

Said contract for sale of real property shall be recorded by the lessor in the public records, whereupon the contract shall be deemed to have entered into full force and effect.

or

Said contract for the sale of real property shall be deemed to have entered into full force and effect upon its recording by the lessor in the public records. (Slightly less literal, but better English syntax).

10. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

I like David's translation the best. Captures the meaning perfectly in a way that sounds natural in English.

As for the issue of how long ago the question was raised, isn't the purpose of this forum not only for the immediate needs of the person who raises a question, but also for other translators to benefit from the discussions regarding the translation of a word, regardless of how long ago the original thread was posted? I know I've personally benefited from several posts that were quite old / discussions that were protracted.

11. Maewest Junior Member

Spanish (Spain)
    me for example, I have international law public exam on Monday. Thank you David!