Persian: امر کنشی و امر قدسی

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by seitt, Mar 5, 2013.

1. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Greetings,

I'm sure that my difficulties with امر کنشی و امر قدسی are owing to a lack of familiarity, so please could you give the exact pronunciation of the second of the two and some examples to illustrate usage of each of them and perhaps other similar?

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Simon

2. SORENNA New Member

Persian
    امر کنشی:
    something that related to action
    for example:
    a Football player do Physical activity
    یک فوتبالیست کنش ی فیزیکی را انجام می دهد
    زیرا فوتیال یک موضوع یا امر کنش آمیخته (وار-گونه) است
    --------------
    امر=subject
    کنش/Konesh=activity

3. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Many thanks - please could I have some examples in sentences of other uses of امر meaning "the subject of something"?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  4. Aryamp

Aryamp Persimod

Tehran
    Persian
    < امر محال > Impossible action /an impossibility
    بازگشت به گذشته یک امر محال است = Return to the past is an impossibility / is an impossible action

<امر مهم> An important matter
    باید درباره یک امر مهم با شما صحبت کنم = I have to talk to you about an important matter

<امر قدسی> divine/ holy matter
    هر آنچه که انسان در راستای خواست خدا انجام می دهد امر قدسی است = Man's every action in accordance with God's will , is holy

5. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Thank you so much, Aryamp, that really explains it very well.

Is کنش آمیخته a single word here (i.e. "physical")?
    What is
    وار-گونه?

6. Treaty Senior Member

Australia
    Persian
    وار and گونه are to suffix for showing similarity. گونه itself means "type". وار is usually used for similarity in trait or behaviour. For example سخن شعرگونه means poem-like speech. I think in that sentence, کنش وار and کنش گونه means "similar to (the category of) action".

7. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Many thanks, we're definitely getting there - just one more thing: re امر کنش آمیخته, could you explain it, please?

Does کنش آمیخته mean "mixed with action" or something? "Involving action", perhaps?