1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Persian: زندگي به من آموخت که چگونه گريه

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by Malaia, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Malaia Senior Member

Ecija (Sevilla)
    español
    Por favor traducirme esto al español: Gracias!!زندگي به من آموخت که چگونه گريه کنم امّا گريه به من نياموخت که چگونه زندگي کنمتو نيز به من آموختي که چگونه دوستت بدارمامّا به من نياموختي که چگونه فراموشت کنم

2. Alijsh Senior Member

Tehran
    Persian - Iran
    what a beautiful sentence. Thanks. Here is the translation:
    The life taught me how to cry but the cry didn't teach me how to live. Likewise, You taught me how to love you but you didn't teach me how to forget you.

I noticed that you want it in Spanish but my Spanish is not good enough. I leave translation to somebody who knows Spanish.

3. legallearning Junior Member

Caracas, Venezuela
    Venezuela, Spanish
    Alijsh muy amablemente tradujo al inglés tus frases y ahora yo traduciré del inglés al español lo que él escribió: "Que bello pensamiento. Gracias. De seguidas la traducción: La vida me enseñó cómo llorar pero el llanto no me enseñó cómo vivir. De la misma manera, tú me enseñaste cómo amarte pero no me enseñaste cómo olvidarte. Me dí cuenta de que querías la traducción en español pero mi español no es lo suficientemente bueno. Le dejo la traducción a alguien que sepa español".

4. Alijsh Senior Member

Tehran
    Persian - Iran
    Muchas gracias legallearning por la traducción. As for Spanish, instead of "De la misma manera", it's better to use "también". It's the exact equivalent for the Persian word.

5. legallearning Junior Member

Caracas, Venezuela
    Venezuela, Spanish
    Hello Alijsh, I see your point, nevertheless, in spanish after a sentence point, doesn´t hear or read ok to use the word "tambien". Normally it is used after a list of items, but not after a list of rather long ideas. Also in this kind of paragraph or thought the word "tambien" doesn´t fit because takes away the romanticism of it. "De la misma manera" sounds or reads better and has the same meaning. ; ) . I am not a deep investigator of spanish nor english grammar, then I can not give you a tecnical explanation of the word "tambien", but I can tell when something doesn´t fit, some times, in my native language of course. In english, I am sure you can help me a lot ! Any way, I don´t recognize the persian symbols at all. If we were to use the word "tambien" we would have to change the total sentence. Then, maybe it could fit as follows, "La vida me enseñó cómo llorar mas el llanto no me enseñó cómo vivir; así como tambien tú me enseñaste cómo amarte mas no me enseñaste cómo olvidarte". (I changed the word "but" = "mas" instead of "pero", and also sounds or reads ok).

6. Alijsh Senior Member

Tehran
    Persian - Iran
    Thanks. I get it. I had realized that using "also" is not proper for English but I thought "también" would be proper in Spanish.

7. La voici en français :

La vie m'a appris comment pleurer !
    Mais pleurer ne m'a pas appris comment vivre !
    Et toi tu m'as appris comment t'aimer !
    Mais tu ne m'as pas appris comment t'oublier !