1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Persian: عقلت كه بياد سر جاش از دماغت در مياد

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by seitt, Dec 7, 2012.

1. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Hi,

With thanks to Morteza:
    فكر نكن الان داري كيف مي‌كني، عقلت كه بياد سر جاش از دماغت در مياد.

What does عقلت كه بياد mean, please? “When you realize the truth of the situation you’re in”, perhaps?

And what does سر جاش mean in this context?

All the best, and many thanks,

Simon

2. searcher123

searcher123 Senior Member

My home ;-) /The Persian Gulf
    Farsi/Persian/فارسي
    عقلت كه بياد سرجاش is a single phrase and you can not separate عقلت كه بياد from سر جاش

This is one of the meanings that you can extract from عقلت كه بياد سر جاش. If I want explain it some more I can say as you know, the place of thinking is mind. So wisdom is good using of the mind. Surely all the people have mind, so why some people can not think right and they are not wise? The answer is their wisdom is not at its place! May be a person have rubbed his/her wisdom (i.e. he is scapegoat); may be the person himself had rubbed his/her wisdom (e.g. he used alcoholic drinks and he is drunk), etc.

A drunk عقلش سر جاش نيست. When he took cautious again, عقلش سر جاش برگشته.
    A scapegoat عقلش سر جاش نيست. When he went aware again and find the correct way, عقلش سر جاش برگشته.

3. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Thank you so much for that, dear friend.

Re scapegoat, what Persian word do you have in mind? I think we may have to change the word for another as a scapegoat is an innocent victim blamed for someone else's wickedness, and someone whose mind is completely in order can unfortunately be made a scapegoat by the unjust.

4. searcher123

searcher123 Senior Member

My home ;-) /The Persian Gulf
    Farsi/Persian/فارسي
    I mean گول ﴿ديگري را﴾ خوردن. I think I should use "to be deceived by sb" instead of "scapegoat".

5. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Many thanks.

Ah, yes, you mean a credulous person, someone who is easily taken in by others.