1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Persian: غریب آنام عارف

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by seitt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Greetings,

I have a cassette, غریب آنام عارف.

Please, which part is the name of the singer? If it’s عارف, please can you translate the rest? Any extra kasres?

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Simon

2. SamiraFrancophile

SamiraFrancophile Senior Member

Tehran
    persian
    hi seitt

the singer's name is Aref. One of the Iranian singers who was born in Azerbayjan-Iran. his parents were turk, so he is also a turkish native speaker.

the name of the song is "غریب آنام" which means "my lonely mother"

good luck

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    Thank you so much - indeed, as we would say here, "Yapayalnız annem".

4. SamiraFrancophile

Tehran
    persian
    I know some turkish words as about 25% of iran population are turk and we hear occassionally turkish around us in Tehran everyday. so it is a good opportunity to learn Turkish from you:D

5. seitt Senior Member

Turkey
    English/Welsh
    You're welcome - yes, I've only recently realized how widely Turkish is understood and even spoken in Iran.

6. darush Senior Member

Hi Samira and welcome to the forum ,
    You should note that referring Azari people to Turk and Turkish may be confusing for non-native people(though it works in Iran).
    We have discussed it before.
    Thanks

7. SamiraFrancophile

Tehran
    persian
    thx dariush for your explanasion.
    but you most probably know that azeri is one of the indo-european languages (in indo-iranian branch) and differs a lot with Turkish which belongs to another language tree.
    but I agree with you that it is confusing for some people. thx anyway

8. darush Senior Member

Yes Indeed, but I mean 'Azari People' how speak one of Turkic languages.
    You may know that recent studies have revealed, Azari People are genetically Iranian.

9. SamiraFrancophile

Tehran
    persian
    بله آقا داریوش. منم همین رو گفتم. آذری یکی از زبانهای شاخه ایرانی از درخت زبانهای هند و اروپایی است. اکثر ایرانیها ترکی ایران را ترکی آذری و ترکی ترکیه را ترکی استامبولی میگویند.، که خوب البته حرفی است رایج ولی غیرتخصصی. ولی به لحاظ نژادی بر خلاف آذریها، ترکها از اقوام ایرانی نیستند و قومی مهاجر هستند که اگر اشتباه نکنم اولین بار همراه سپاه مغول وارد ایران شدند و اکنون هموطنان عزیز ما هستند . من هم در توضیحم به ترک زبان بودن عارف اشاره کرده بودم که اگر سوء تفاهمی هم به این لحاظ شده باشد با توضیحات شما رفع شده است. ممنون