Persian: Numbers

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by Daffodil100, May 5, 2013.

1. Daffodil100

Daffodil100 Senior Member

Chinese
    Hello,

Could you please answer the questions as below:

1. How to type Persian numbers from 1 to 10 via keyboard? (I don't refer to the spelling but the symbols, for example, 1. = close to 10 in persian)

2. What is the writing stroke orders for 4 in Persian number? I guess I should write a do (2), and make a curve on the top of "do". Right?

3. By the way, I heard about it is not allowed to say an Iranian man's wife is beautiful if I were a man. Is it ture? What about I am a woman, and can I say that?

Thank you!

P.S. I know how to type یک دو and other numbers.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. Aryamp

Aryamp Persimod

Tehran
    Persian
    1.This is a well-known incompatibility issue of Persian keyboard configuration in windows, the layout of Persian letters according to Iranian standards is different from that defined by Windows, you cannot write Persian numbers with Persian font in wondows unless you change the language of windows to Persian (impractical for a non-persian user) or you can download some of the patches that will add the standard Persian keyboard to windows. This link will download the package required to install the additional standard Persian keyboard layout. After download, unzip it and run setup file . Once installed you can select "Iranian Standard Persian" as your input language and then you'll have no problem with writing numbers :
    ۱ ۲ ۳ ۴ ۵ ۶ ۷ ۸ ۹ ۰

2.start from top, write a C shape and then slide your pen back to append a ۲ >

3.That's a question related to culture and not exactly language, and the answer really depends on circumstances.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  3. Daffodil100

Daffodil100 Senior Member

Chinese
    :)سلام! دوستِ و استادِ من!
    به به.
    متشکّرم.
    I make it.
    ۱ ۲ ۳ ۴ ۵ ۶ ۷ ۸ ۹

4. Aryamp

Aryamp Persimod

Tehran