1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Pewnie dziś odpoczywasz w końcu

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by lrforever1, Jul 29, 2008.

1. lrforever1 New Member

Pennsylvania, US
    Spanish/English
    My friend and I need to translate a polish text message. It's from a male to a female and we think the two people are friends...here is the message:

Hej Arus slyszalam ze sie Wam impreska udala niezle ;) Pewnie dzis odpoczywasz wkoncu?

I understand that it might be difficult since correct grammar is not being used, but whatever you can translate i would appreciate it! Please help!

THANKS!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. jazyk Senior Member

Brno, Česká republika
    Brazílie, portugalština
    Hey, Arus, I heard that your little undertaking worked out. Certainly today you'll hake some rest finally.

3. lrforever1 New Member

Pennsylvania, US
    Spanish/English
    Thanks a million :)

4. Piotr_WRF Senior Member

Poland
    Polish, German
    Impreza (and the diminutive imprezka) means party. I would translate the message as:

Hey, Arus, I've heard that your little party has been quite a success. Certainly, today you're having some rest finally.

5. .Jordi. Senior Member

polonès
    I just wanted to add that Arus probably is Aruś, the deminutive form of the male's name Arkadiusz.

6. Piotr_WRF Senior Member

Poland
    Polish, German
    You're right. Well, something's obviously wrong here. :D

7. lrforever1 New Member

Pennsylvania, US
    Spanish/English

Yes, the first message was from female to male, so the name makes perfect sense...my mistake :)

8. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    I think that one could also say:
    I heard that your little party was quite a success.

9. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Hi Wolf,

Just out of sheer curiosity, what made you want to resurrect this thread, which hasn't seen any activity for more than last four years? :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  10. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    I googled: "impreza udała się" "party * a success" and I found a link to this thread. I was wondering how one can translate "impreza udała się" into Polish. I think I found the answer on the English Only forum. What do you think about it?

11. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Who am I to disagree with the native speakers of English, Wolff? :) I think the bit about "party buz" or "party spirit" that would justify the use of the present perfect is a tiny bit far-fatched, though.

12. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Yes, it is far fetched. Thank you, for your comment. :)