Discussion in 'Glossaries discussion' started by DanyD, May 6, 2006.

1. DanyD

DanyD Senior Member

Italiano, Italy
    I'd like to start a Glossary about Physics/Astronomy/Mathematics, but sometimes the definitions would be just equation, in order not to create definition of 2,000 words.
    E.g.: Momentum = mv,
    m=mass, v=speed
    Is it ok? Can I start it in Italian?
  2. Whodunit

Whodunit Senior Member

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    As long as equations work properly, I don't see anything wrong with your request. You can start it in Italian, of course, but it would be good to give the English equivalents, too, in order to translate them most accurately into the other languages.

If your English isn't sufficient, you can ask for translation in the Italian forum. :)
  3. DanyD

DanyD Senior Member

Italiano, Italy
    Ok, I'll try. I hope to succeed in a few days!
  4. Edwin

Edwin Senior Member

Tampa, Florida, USA
    USA / Native Language: English

If you go to Physics at Wikipeida: and look at the left margin you will see links to similar entries in about 3 dozen languages including Italian. It is not in glossary form, but it may be of use to you.
  5. DanyD

DanyD Senior Member

Italiano, Italy
    Thanks a lot!
    I'm sure it'll help!
    I admit it's taking longer than I had expected to find enough time for it...
  6. K.u.r.t Senior Member

London, UK
    Correction F = m a where F is Force (not momentum). momentum is when you combine force with a lever
  7. werrr Senior Member

Sorry, but your correction is wrong. It is momentum p = m * v. You confused it with moment (of a force). In Czech: momentum = hybnost, moment (of a force) = moment (síly)
  8. K.u.r.t Senior Member

London, UK
    you are right