piccola realtà

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by aletheya, Sep 25, 2010.

1. aletheya Junior Member

Italian
    Hi everybody,
    can you please help me with this translation?

I dj sono i veri protagonisti di Radio X. XY, dj X, dj X, XY e tutti gli altri svelano la loro passione per la piccola realtà nella quale hanno scelto di lavorare.

My try is:

The DJs are the real protagonists of Radio X. XY, DJ X, DJ X, XY and all the others reveal their passion for the small business world of radio broadcasting where they have chosen to work.

X stays for the name of the radio station and XY for the different DJs' names and surnames

My biggest problem is with "piccola realtà", I read the previous threads, but couldn't find an answer.

THANKS a lot.

2. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Hi,

I've googled around a little bit, and it seems that most of the time it is translated as "small".
    But if I had to bet, I would guess that there is slightly more to it in Italian.

I dj sono i veri protagonisti di Radio X.
    XY, dj X, dj X, XY e tutti gli altri
    svelano la loro passione per la piccola realtà
    nella quale hanno scelto di lavorare.

DJs are the real heros of Radio X.
    XY, DJ X, DJ X, XY and all the others reveal their passion for
    that small piece of life in which they've chosen to work.
    that small corner in which...
    that small world in which...

How would you rewrite the sentence in Italian to change "piccola realtà", but have the same meaning?

X stays for the name of the radio station and XY for the different DJs' names and surnames

My biggest problem is with "piccola realtà", I read the previous threads, but couldn't find an answer.

THANKS a lot.[/QUOTE]

3. aletheya Junior Member

Italian
    Tim, thanks, it's much better!

I think I'll choose the second or third option.

Thank you also for the article and heros.

4. swansea12 Senior Member

english british
    Hi, an unfamiliar to me at any rate use of realtà.Any idea?
    " Penso che assolutamente oggi, forse proprio grazie alle tecnolgie che sono molto aumentate , l'accesso alla tecnologia è un po' arrivato a tutti : questo ha permesso anche a piccole realtà di poter esistere , cosa che magari fino a 10 anni fa non poteva essere possibile ".
    I think that absolutely now, perhaps because of technologies which have greatly augmented, access to technology has become available to all : this has enabled even that small concerns can exist, something which up 'til ten years ago could not have been possible ".
    Thanks for your help ....:)