Please let us know if you have any questions.

Discussion in 'English Only' started by elearn, Apr 6, 2012.

1. elearn Member

An email from a sender has informed me about what has been done and informed me about some details.

I wonder if a reply is commonly needed for when the email ends in the following scenarios? If a reply is needed what should it be? Thanks

A) Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

B) Please let us know if you have any questions.
  2. cyberpedant

cyberpedant Senior Member

North Adams, MA
    English USA, Northeast, NYC
    Your question may be considered "outside the scope of WR," as it's not truly a linguistic one. In any case, if you have no questions, there's no need for a reply.
  3. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    Neither ending requires an answer. These are standard polite phrases.

However, it is always a good idea to acknowledge that you received this type of e-mail. That is a matter of business protocol (at least in the U.S.), not of language. Your acknowledgement message can include a statement that you have no questions at this time, and you will contact them if you have any later.
  4. elearn Member

Possible to list some exact examples on how do you usually reply? (I do not have any questions to ask the sender.)

Is this ok?> I have no questions at this time. Thanks
  5. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

American English
    We don't make lists of things, especially email responses.
    Technically, it's all right, but it's a little exact and unnecessary, in my opinion. Just a "thank you" would be enough.