Polish is hard, but I'll do my best

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by weirdspirit, Jul 20, 2013.

1. weirdspirit Member

Colombian Spanish
    How do you say: "Polish is hard, but I'll do my best"?
    My attempt: "Polski to trudno, ale postaram się."
    Thank you in advance!
  2. BezierCurve Senior Member

Hi. With what you've written you'd be surely understood in the context of learning the language.

To put it in a more natural way you could say: "Polski jest trudny, ale będę się starać" ("Polish is difficult, but I'll keep trying.") or, to emphasize your effort: "Polski jest trudny, ale dam z siebie wszystko" (lit.: I'll give it everything I can [to learn it]).
  3. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

You'd probably be understood, but it's terribly lacking in grammar, as you may possibly know. There are countless ways of saying it, with 'Polski jest trudny, ale będę się starał jak mogę by się go nauczyć' being my favourite.
  4. rectus New Member

I suggest a sentence: "Polki jest trudny, ale bardzo się staram".
  5. kokosz1975 Member

Cześć, weirdspirit:)

Poprawiłem trochę Twoje tłumaczenie.
    Bardzo mnie cieszy, że zamierzasz (jak przypuszczam) uczyć się polskiego:).

Hi, weirdspirit:)

I corrected your translation a bit.
    I'm really glad you intend (as I presume) to study Polish. :)
    Take care!
  6. fledgeling New Member

polska język, trudna język is absolutely grammatically incorrect, but if you say this most speakers will laugh, as it is a tongue in cheek sentence (this is something a stereotypical foreigner would say and sometimes Polish people say it after they make a mistake while talking).

An absolutely wrong translation of the polska język, trudna język would be something like language polish, hard very - so you can catch the context of the meaning of this :)