1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

polite reminder

Discussion in 'English Only' started by sdcp, Mar 12, 2007.

1. sdcp Senior Member

Hungarian, Slovakia
    I wonder how to write a polite reminder to someone who has not answered yet to our email. I wrote this: I am sorry to find that I am still missing your reaction to our email. Is it o.k.?
    Also, if I'm forwarding the email that the person still did not replied to, can I write this: Will you please let us know the issues/matters/conditions (delivery, prices, payment...) stated in the below email?
    And finally: We hope to receive your reply soon.

Thank you!

2. Dimcl Senior Member

British Columbia, Canada
    Canadian English
    "I am sorry to find that I am still missing your reaction to our email" is VERY formal-sounding, SDCP, and I can't say that I've ever heard this phrase used before ("reaction to our email). I might say:

"We look forward to your response to our e-mail of XYZ date" OR "With respect to our e-mail of XYZ date, we note that we have not yet received your response".

As far as forwarding the e-mail that hasn't yet been responded to, I might simply say:

"Please advise with respect to the issues stated" (or some such).

3. sdcp Senior Member

Hungarian, Slovakia
    Thanks, Dimcl ;)

4. roxcyn

roxcyn Senior Member

USA
    American English [AmE]
    Dear (So-and-so):

As of (Date) we have not received a response to our email. Please respond at your earliest convience regarding the issue/matter/condition (delivery, prices, payment...) stated in the below email.

Have a wonderful day

5. sdcp Senior Member

Hungarian, Slovakia
    roxcyn, do you mean convenience???