1. God is love

God is love Senior Member

In Spanish: pollo al mani
    My try: chicken to the peanuts/ chicken with peanuts
    What do you natives think?
  2. The Prof

The Prof Senior Member

Definitely not 'chicken to the peanuts'.

Can you describe the dish? For example, is the chicken coated in peanuts, is it in a peanut sauce, or something else?

Added Info:
    I've Googled a few recipes, and the peanuts seem to be part of a sauce, so perhaps 'chicken in (a) peanut sauce'.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

You could just say peanut chicken, although it isn't very descriptive. The Prof is right that it would be better to provide more detail of how peanuts are used in the dish.
  4. Bevj

Bevj Allegra Moderata

Girona, Spain
    English (U.K.)
    I agree with The Prof, it looks as though the peanuts are ground and added to the cooking liquid to make a sauce.
  5. ORL Senior Member

En realidad, en castellano el uso de "al" o "a la" en estos casos, es un galicismo. El significado es "con" simplemente. Pollo con maní.
  6. Spug Senior Member

No conozco el plato, pero basándome en un par de recetas que vi en la red, diría "chicken with peanuts."

7. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

"Peanut chicken" would be chicken flavored with peanuts in some way, whether with whole, chopped or ground peanuts, peanut butter, peanut oil, etc., or some combination of those things.
    "Chicken with peanuts" sounds like chicken with whole or chopped peanuts.
  8. God is love

I thank you all for yuor help, you are right ORL, pero aqui en Perú usualmente le decimos asi, pollo al mani o pollo a la mostaza, pero en realidad lo echan en la salsa como dicen los nativos, muchas gracias a todos. Felices Fiestas
    May you all have a Merry Christmas and a prosper New Year
  9. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

pollo a la mostaza = mustard chicken
    Merry Christmas and a prosperOUS New Year to you too!
  10. God is love

I really appreciate that.