polvos y menúdos

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Cheeky-Monkey, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Cheeky-Monkey Senior Member

Spain
    Castellano
    Does anyone know the word to make reference to "menudos" in English?

Original:

'El material deberá ser suministrado en un tamaño que oscile entre 1 y 5 cms. aprox., si otra cosa no ha sido requerida por el comprador. Además no podrá exceder de más de un 3% de polvos y menudos.'

Translation:

'If not required by the customer, material shall be supplied in a size between 1 and 5 centimetres approximately. It shall not be more than 3% of powder and little .'

(I thought to use the the words "litle chunks", but I think is not correct since all the raw material come in 'little rocks', but "menudos" are even smaller (less than 1 cm).

Description : se refiere al material cuya granulometría está por debajo de 1 cm de diámetro.

Thnak you.

PS: is correct to say "the material come" ? as in Spanish "el material viene"...

2. Keahi Senior Member

España
    castellano, Perú
    Hello.
    Polvo, powder.
    Menudo, tiny, small, minor.
    In this context I've read, powder and fines, to refering to sieving process.
    There are more but these are the most frequent.
    A hug.

3. Keahi Senior Member

España
    castellano, Perú
    Hello again.
    I've read, "The material comes...", like in Spanish but is most frequent "The material is supplied...".
    A hug.

4. Cheeky-Monkey Senior Member

Spain
    Castellano
    Thank you so much!!!

It is "powder and fines" :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I looked for in in the WR dictionary and there it comes ;-)

5. Cheeky-Monkey Senior Member

Spain
    Castellano
    Mil gracias Keahi!!!! :thumbsup: