Ponérsela morcillona

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by uvrockgod, Nov 14, 2010.

1. uvrockgod Junior Member

Hi, everyone. I'm translating a short story, which is talking about a late-night drunken skinny-dipping session. I'm having trouble with the following phrase:

Mientras me la ponía morcillona con la mano derecha, me fijé en.......

If anyone's got any ideas, please let me know.

2. chamyto

chamyto Senior Member

Burgos, Spain
    Spanish
    Do you have more context ? Ponía can be yo ponía or ella ponía = It has to do with masturbate , have a wank .

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  3. Agró

Agró Senior Member

High Navarre
    Spanish-Navarre
    morcillona: con aspecto de morcilla.

It's irrelevant whose hand that was.

The important thing is that his penis was becoming a 'morcilla', you know.

4. uvrockgod Junior Member

Thanks, both of you. He must be slightly drunker than the rest of the text makes him out to be - tossing himself off in a freezing swimming pool, at six in the morning, in front of 20-odd strangers...... Cheers.

5. jamares Senior Member

spain-spanish
    I think "ponersela morcillona" is more having an erection than a wank.

6. Pakuito Junior Member

Sevilla, España
    Spanish / Spain
    'tenerla morcillona' is the previous step to have an erection. I mean, it is when your penis is getting bigger, but it is not completely hard.

That expression is very used in Spain, but it is quite vulgar.

I am sorry I cannot help you with more than that. I don't know how to translate it either.

7. Culturilla

Culturilla Senior Member

Castellano, España
    Hehe. I think in the context this person provides it means that they were stroking their pennis with their right hand so that they got a hard on. "Ponerse morcillona" is a VERY vulgar expression in Spanish. I think it became famous because of one of the "Torrente" movies.

8. Pakuito Junior Member

Sevilla, España
    Spanish / Spain
    I heard of that expression way before those movies were released. I was almost a kid when I first listened to it and I've always wondered where it came from.

9. Magazine Senior Member

España
    Indeed, vulgar, but this is it, to get a half erection , if that exists.

Welcome to the forum, Pakuito :)

Actually, as this is the "initial" state of a hard on, maybe we can say this:

While I was on my way to getting a hard on, I was looking....

Of course, it can be soembody else's hand...you will know by context :D

10. Pakuito Junior Member

Sevilla, España
    Spanish / Spain
    sure!

thanks, @Magazine, for your welcome words :)

11. Culturilla

Culturilla Senior Member

Castellano, España
    Yep, but I meant Torrente made it really popular. All the kids in my class went around saying that after the movie came out.

To me, "morcillona" means an erection. If you say "se me pone" means that you don't have a hard on yet, but if you say "la tengo morcillona" means that you already have an erection.

12. Pakuito Junior Member

Sevilla, España
    Spanish / Spain
    Maybe it has different shades depending on the region the expression is said (I'm from Sevilla, Andalusia, Spain). Either I say 'se me pone morcillona' or 'la tengo morcillona', both have the same meaning to me: it's halfway to get an erection, but it is not flaccid/soft at all.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  13. _SantiWR_ Senior Member

Spanish - Spain
    While I was getting a semi-boner...

14. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    Spanish (Spain) / Catalan
    Same here.

Un saludo

15. Culturilla

Culturilla Senior Member

Castellano, España
    I wouldn't translate it that way... It sounds like you're having trouble to get an erection. ;)

I don't know... to be honest I have never given this expression much thought ;) Anyway, I think whether you take it one way or another the message is gotten across: boner.

16. Areella Senior Member

Basque Country, Spain
    Spanish, Spain
    Hmmm, I think we have a different interpretation where I live.
    When someone says 'Me la está poniendo morcillona' means that someone is turning him on. This doesn't involve the other person masturbating him, just doing something sexually stimulating that is making him get an erection.

Also, I couldn't help but laugh at Culturilla's mention about Torrente :).

17. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    Como el saber no ocupa lugar, estaría bien que algún nativo nos ilustrara sobre el término en slang que describe ese particular estadio, a medio camino entre la erección completa y el, digamos, geotropismo positivo.

Un saludo

18. Moritzchen Senior Member

Los Angeles, CA
    Spanish, USA
    Semirection and, also heard around these parts here, semi-pro.

geotropismo?!!!...

19. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    ¿Displicencia?...

20. Moritzchen Senior Member

Los Angeles, CA
    Spanish, USA
    Au contraire mon ami.
    Mi más profunda admiración!

21. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    Es que soy muy fino, chico. :cool:

22. Culturilla

Culturilla Senior Member

Castellano, España
    Yes, "Me la está poniendo morcillona" means that a man is getting aroused at the sight/thought of a beautiful woman. But "la tengo morcillona" means that he's got a boner. But in the context provided by the person who started the thread the man's pennis is being stroked by another person and as a result he is in the process of having a boner.

PS: Whenever I hear this expression I can't help but think about Torrente saying "Majete, nos hacemos unas pajillas. ¡Me la pone morcillona!" ;)

23. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    Definitivamente no en mi uso. Como ya han apuntado varios foreros españoles, morcillona, en cualquier construcción, alude a un estadio previo a la erección. Una morcilla no está dura, perdón por ser tan gráfico. Tampoco tiene mayor importancia:), es sólo para que el OP tenga una idea cabal del uso.

Charlando con un forero madrileño sobre este hilo, me apuntó la gradación que los muchachos de su tierra usaban, en los primeros 70, para describir el fenómeno. La incluyo a título ilustrativo, ya que muestra que los varones percibimos estos matices desde edades muy tempranas: mustia, tontorrona, morcillona, imperal y triunfante.

Un saludo

24. Culturilla

Culturilla Senior Member

Castellano, España
    Yo siempre la he tomado en plan "la tengo dura". No me había parado a pensar en que había distintos grados de morcillonería. XD

25. Lurrezko

Lurrezko Senior Member

Junto al mar
    Muchos son motivo de divorcio.:cool:

Un saludo

26. Areella Senior Member

Basque Country, Spain
    Spanish, Spain
    Thing is, I've never heard about this expression being used like the OP did.
    As in, the sentence itself doesn't make any sense to me 'cause I've always associated 'ponerse morcillona' with the state of getting aroused. Never seen it in a context where someone is actually masturbating him. But I guess this is a regional matter :eek:.

27. SafetyCar Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish
    It can be in "morcillon state" with the hand over or without it :D. Just as when is soft or hard also can have the hand over or not.

@Lurrezko, I LOL'd at that one, hahaha

This is a funny topic :p

28. Moritzchen Senior Member

Los Angeles, CA
    Spanish, USA
    Sublime!

29. Pakuito Junior Member

Sevilla, España
    Spanish / Spain
    'Plas, plas, plas' por los diferentes estados por los que pasa nuestro 'miniyo' antes de darlo todo xD