possible curse in Arabic found outside? is this even Arabic?

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by qfout, Aug 3, 2014.

1. qfout New Member

Arabic-English Translation Required. Do you know what this says? Possible Curse found in front of home. Unable to type in subject as is in image format.

Possible curse or something. 6 white cardboard crosses were found. They were Left in front of a friends front door a while ago. 2 large ones on front porch, 4 on family car. The two on porch had writing one said Welcome, the other said the family name.. with what looked to be arabic text underneath it.

I have attached an image with the Arabic writing I need translated. May need to turn the image to the right once to read. sorry for the poor quality.. it is an image of an image though still readable.

This is freaky - If someone could help please it would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. cherine

cherine Moderator

Alexandria, Egypt
    Arabic (Egypt).

First, there's no need to freak out, it could be just a silly joke.
    Second, the photo quality is really bad, and it is difficult to tilt our head to read, so it would help if you could try and post a better quality photo, rotated to the right.

As it is, I would say that these are random letters put together, not Arabic, and maybe not any language either. But a better photo could help be more certain.
  3. SolarGirl90

SolarGirl90 Member

The script is Arabic and I could almost read the words. Here is my try:
    توزشل تلوبينوت بالف نلوبنيف نينلونلو
    Tozshel tlobinot balf nlobnif ninlonlo

However, it makes no sense WHATSOVER!! Maybe it's Urdu or Persian? Or a transliteration of another language?
    I highly doubt it though. As Cherine said, it looks more like random letters put together.
  4. arabian guy

arabian guy New Member

Arabic - العربية
    it look like an encrypted message with classical cipher, or an encdoded meassge.

can you determine how old this paper ? type of paper? type of ink? or some useful information about it.

# the letters of words arrangement look like similiar to ottoman language.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  5. the3rd New Member

This is arabic words . but whoever type that wasn't Arabic

if we want to insult . we could type in English you know ..
  6. Arabic_Police_999 Banned

I think we agree that the writing is not Arabic
    but how did you figure out from the writing that the person is not Arabic?
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  7. a8128 New Member

I am just beginning to learn Arabic. Since I'm curious to what it could possibly say, I've taken the liberty of lightening and enhancing the original photo. The quality is still quite terrible but perhaps it is slightly better? I also rotated the image. :)

Attached Files:

8. cherine

cherine Moderator

Alexandria, Egypt
    Arabic (Egypt).
    Thanks for your effort, and welcome to the forum. :)

But no, still not Arabic. :)
  9. Idris Senior Member

Urdu (Pakistan)
    It's not Urdu. Doesn't look like Persian, either.