1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

préparation aérée

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by BaByliss, Apr 7, 2013.

1. BaByliss New Member

French
    Bonjour, j'essaye de traduire "aeree" dans le contexte de la description d'un fouet pour des blancs d'oeufs fermes et une chantilly...aeree. Dit-on tout simplement "whipped cream"? Ou si je voulais decrire une preparation cuisine "aeree" quelle est la meilleure facon de l'exprimer?
    Merci d'avance pour votre aide

L

2. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English
    Welcome, BaByliss,
    Whipped cream, yes, and to whip/whipping/whipped applies for most foods, though egg whites are beaten.

Edited to add: you might find the wiki entry for whisk useful in choosing words for your own description.

3. BaByliss New Member

French
    Dear Kelly B, many thanks for your response. Could I then say: "The star blade motion combined with the bowl 4 deflectors guarantee a perfect whisp of the ingredients"pour " La lame en forme d'étoile et les 4 déflecteurs du bol garantis des préparations aérées."?
    Could you please confirm?

4. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English
    I can't proofread the entire sentence for you, but you can probably simplify ...garantissent des préparations aérées to ...guarantee perfect whipping.

5. BaByliss New Member

French
    Yes I didnt need the whole sentence proofread, it was just to provide context. Thank you so much!!!