Premium item

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by Ann7lee, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    Hey guys,

how would you say "premium item" that is mostly gained in some games using in-app purchases in Russian?
    This could be an example: http://gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Item

Thank you.

2. sergueison Junior Member

US
    Russian
    предмет за добавочную (отдельную) плату

3. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    Are you sure? The thing is in this case that you buy something in-app, and then they unlock all those premium items for you. So, you don't buy that item. Item unlocks when you buy something else. "предмет за добавочную (отдельную) плату" doesn't sound right :/

4. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    What occurs to me now concerning this term is дополнительная привилегия, VIP-функция. Or perhaps премиум-функция. I am not quite sure if that exists in Russian at all. By the way, does it exist in Croatian?

5. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    As far as I know, we don't have translated version in Croatian neither. But on the other hand, you cherish your language more than we do I guess.
    "премиум-функция" sounds good to me. Would you understand it when you'd see it in the context I gave before?

6. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    Yes. премиум-функция would mean some extra function which is not available by default. It must be a rather broad term. Is it what you searched for?

7. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    I think, it would be possible to construct compound nouns with премиум- as their first part. So, premium item then can be translated as премиум-товар, премиум-покупка, etc.

8. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    But on the other hand it emphasizes the "function" of the item and at this point I don't know it's function. It could be that it gives some powers (although I doubt that) or it's just beautiful and special only because nobody else has it. I need "item" as in object. "предмет" is not a good alternative?
    If I'd need to translate it in Croatian I would say it would be something like "top-stvar", "top-predmet", "vrhunski predmet", "predmet prve klase".

What about "специальнй предмет"?

9. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian

predmet prve klase would correspond to "первоклассный предмет", I guess.

10. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    Yeah, we can say the same "prvoklasni predmet". So, "специальный предмет"? Or better "первоклассный предмет"? What do you think? In the lack of better expression.

11. willem81 Senior Member

Russia
    Russian
    I think one can use either of "премиум-предмет", "первоклассный предмет".

Специальный предмет is not really suitable here, because it also means a special subject taught at school or university.

12. Ann7lee Junior Member

Croatian
    I'll go with "премиум-предмет". Thank you so much. You're doll :)