1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. pepskrik Senior Member

france / francais
    hello everyone and happy new year ! and sorry to bother you on such a festive day :eek:!!
    would like to konw how you would say in English " mets toi sur la pointe du pied , prends appui sur ta jambe gauche et le pied droit chasse lautre"
    my guess would be " put yourself on the point , ... on your left leg and the right foot takes the place of the left one"
    Ueless to say im not satisfied at all by this sloppy translation :mad:!!

look forward to reading your suggestions !

2. Matamoscas Senior Member

Ireland English
    It sounds right but: Chasse: A ballet movement consisting of one or more quick gliding steps with the same foot always leading...!!! :)

This doesnt help me at all. Sorry.

3. pepskrik Senior Member

france / francais
    thanks for pitching in matamoscas but what about prendre appui ??:(

4. floise Senior Member

Quebec
    U.S.;English
    Hi Pepskrik,

" mets toi sur la pointe du pied , prends appui sur ta jambe gauche et le pied droit chasse lautre"

'Stand on your toes, put your weight on your left leg, and the right foot follows the left'.

Not sure of the very last part (pied droit....). Also, isn't there something missing in the French sentence? Like, 'avec le pied droit, chasse l'autre'?

floise

5. Matamoscas Senior Member

Ireland English
    Sorry pepskrik; your points de suspension mislead me.

Floise's suggestion fills the bill; unless you want transfer your weight to...

6. pepskrik Senior Member

france / francais
    thank you , very helpful.
    for the reccord , dont think theres someting missing in my sentence but i havent slept a lot so...!!!:D maybe you can say "et le pied droit chasse le pied le gauche " or "avec le pied droit tu chasses le pied gauche"