1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Printable Version with Emoticons and Similar Functions

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by jet_leader1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. jet_leader1 Senior Member

British English
    I'd like to request please for emoticons and other similar functionalities to be made available in: either the Printable Version of threads
    or a separate "Amplified "Printable Version of threads.

I appreciate the current Printable Version's goal which retrenches embellishments and frills. I just feel that visual emoticons do constitute the text. For example, in http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1329649, as in many other threads, users like to use the checkmark or cross to answer and explain. The lack of emoticons make the text code for emoticons grueling and toilsome to find, especially when pages of text. It's also exceedingly bleary and weary on the eyes.

Thank you very much!

2. mkellogg Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

Just print the page itself instead of using of using "Show Printable Version". This works for me in Firefox, at least.

Mike

3. jet_leader1 Senior Member

British English
    Thanks for your response, mkellogg. I did try printing the page itself but it turned out to be too garish and marked. For example, the pruned Printable Version pretermits the table on user information and pares the number of boxes/tables. Can the Printable Version be amalgamated with emoticons and similar functions?

4. mkellogg Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry, but we don't plan to change the printable version.

5. jet_leader1 Senior Member

British English
    Can there be a second, separate Printable Version that's amalgamated with emoticons and similar functions?