privilégier la prise en charge des grandes endémies

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Dima08, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Dima08 New Member

Arabic
    Hello everybody, hope you all doing well, ... I was wondering if anybody can help me translate this phrase to english..

Les nouveaux défis sanitaires en Afrique, et tout particulièrement à Kinshasa, demandent parallèlement de privilégier la prise en charge des grandes endémies, du paludisme, de la tuberculose, du VIH / SIDA, et de nombreuses autres pathologies prioritaires pour leur impact négatif sur la mortalité, comme les maladies infectieuses, la drépanocytose, la trypanosomiase, etc.

Thank you so much !

2. la grive solitaire

la grive solitaire Senior Member

United States, English
    Hi Dima :)

It's usual here to give it a try yourself first.

3. Dima08 New Member

Arabic
    Oh okay, actually my problem is in the orden of it... I would say:
    The new health challanges in Africa , and especially in Kinsasha demands in the same way, to give the priority to .. ( well that part i really don't get it I dont get what they mean by prise en charge des grandes endemies)
    thanks for the help

4. Laughingmonkey Junior Member

Lille, France
    English-UK
    Try to look up and do as much of the phrase as possible. You've started to put it into an order,which is good but find the names of the diseases for example. Then other members can look to help you with anything missing otherwise we'll be doing the whole thing for you! That way it's easier to see what exactly you have difficulties with, having seen how you yourself managed to translate itt.

Bon courage :)

5. Dima08 New Member

Arabic
    That's what i´ve been doing so far i got this :

The new health challanges in Africa , and especially in Kinsasha demands in the same way, to give the priority to major endmic diseases, malaria, tubucolosis, HIV/AIDS, and other important pathalogies for their negative impact of mortality, such as infectious diseases, sickle cell disease,trypanosomiasis, etc.