1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Problems with posting

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by TimLA, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Hi all,
    Over the last few months I've noted an intermittent problem with the forum when I post a reply.
    Occasionally when I add a smiley, the system will "hang" for a short period of time, and add the smiley or will reject the smiley, and I have to re-add it.
    Also, much of the time when I add a post the system will "hang" and then after a minute I'll get a popup that says "Leave this page" or "Stay on this page".
    I click "Leave" and it posts, and everything is fine.

This occurs on my four different computers at home, and one at work - all are Win7 systems.

I'm a member of an electronics forum, and don't have any problems posting there - They have VBulletin 3.8.7

This forum has VBulletin 4.2.0.

Is there a setting I need to change on Windows to solve this issue?

Thanks

2. mkellogg Administrator Staff Member

Hi Tim,

Has anything changed in the last week? I made a change last week that I was hoping would improve things for Internet Explorer users.

3. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    In the last 30 min I've tried posting 4 times, and with each I had the 90 sec wait, then the "leave this page" popup.

Which browser is the forum "tuned" to?

4. mkellogg Administrator Staff Member

Tim, can you test on the vBulletin.com forum? Some other testing that I have done makes me think that some of the features that we have added here that make our editor different from theirs are to blame.

Firefox and Chrome tend to work best on WRF, but I want to get this fixed for IE.

5. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    No lag in creating a new thread, and no lags in replying to thread or putting on smileys.

I can confirm that my problem and magmods problems are the same - I get the little window that magmod gets.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  6. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    I just replied to another post and used a clock to time it.
    From the time I clicked to post until the time the abberant webpage popped up was exactly 60 seconds.

Another issue I've noted is that sometimes when I click "reply" or "reply with quotes" it also hangs - that little circle of dots keeps going and going and going...

Here is the screen:
    View attachment 11278

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  7. mkellogg Administrator Staff Member

Tim, let's continue this conversation in email. I want to find a solution.

Mike