Problems with WR on IE9

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by CarlosRapido, Jan 31, 2013.

1. CarlosRapido

CarlosRapido Senior Member

Québec - Canada
    français - English (Can)
    À chaque fois que je tente d'écrire ou de modifier un message sur WR avec IE9 la page gèle et le message ne passe pas, je dois donc aller sur FFox pour compléter l'opération.

Y as-t-il un problème de compatibilité avec IE9, ou biens ceci n'arrive t-il qu'à moi?

Carlos Rapido
  2. 涼宮

涼宮 Senior Member

Sbaeneg/Castellano (Venezuela)
    You're not the only one! Whenever I want to post on WR I have to open Firefox, this has been happening since WR updated months ago. I wonder if we'll ever be able to post again from IE.:(
  3. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    Does this happen to everybody using IE9?

Suzumiya, do you know a date when it started?
  4. 涼宮

涼宮 Senior Member

It started right after you updated to the new version, remember that long thread you opened where many complained about the new design, etc? that you were asking people to tell you about bugs they find, etc, with the old version everything was perfect, right after the update IE freezes whenever we post. :(, that's the most exact date I can give you.
  5. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    OK. I was wondering if it was at some other time. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about it right now.
  6. Peterdg

Peterdg Senior Member

Dutch - Belgium
    I don't know if it happens to everybody with IE9, but it happens to me too. (my new computer broke down:mad:, so I'm back to IE8 and that doesn't show the same problem)
  7. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    I've been doing some testing with Suzumiya and I think I've found a partial solution.

This solution works when creating a new thread, clicking Go Advanced to reply to a thread and when writing a private message. Basically, anywhere but the Quick Reply box.

Let me know if it works for you or not.

8. 涼宮

涼宮 Senior Member

Is there any reason why there are so many issues with IE? :confused:
  9. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    There are standards for all web browsers and Microsoft has often ignored them in the past, deciding to do something different. Microsoft is getting better, but there are still many incompatibilities.
  10. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    True. When IE had about three-quarters of the browser market, people had no choice but to make Web sites compatible with it no matter what it did. Today IE is down to 30% and dropping (see data here). Even that is split between IE8 (the latest release that Windows XP, still about 40% of the Windows base, can use) and more recent releases, so the compulsion isn't as great. I suspect that IE9 users will encounter this sort of issue in more and more sites as the standards evolve to include more and more of the things that IE once did in a non-standard way, and sites are updated with little or no concern for IE if it doesn't support the new standards. The only recourse is to complain to Microsoft. Hopefully, they will eventually listen.