Prometo serte fiel en lo próspero y en lo adverso, en la salud y la enfermedad.

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by ellicechristina, May 23, 2007.

1. ellicechristina New Member

USA, English
    Hello, I just joined this website and I was wondering if any body could help me translate something. See, my wedding is in September and the love of my life who I am marrying speaks mostly spanish (his family speaks only spanish) and I would like to say my vows in spanish. I was wondering if someone could tell me what this means in English. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks
    "Yo, (brides name), te tomo a ti (grooms name), como mi esposo. Prometo serte fiel en lo prospero y en lo adverso,
    en la salud y en la enfermedad.
    Amarte y respetarte todos los dias de mi vida."

2. sunce

sunce Senior Member

Valladolid, Spain
    Español, España
    O también: "Yo (nombre del novio), te recibo a ti (nombre de la novia), como esposa y me entrego a ti, y prometo serte fiel en la prosperidad y en la adversidad, en la salud y en la enfermedad, todos los días de mi vida."

3. ellicechristina New Member

USA, English
    Muchas Gracias!!

4. silvester

silvester Senior Member

USA
    Mexico, spanish
    wedding vows-votos matrimoniales.

5. Nenistis Senior Member

La Paz, Bolivia
    Bolivia, Spanish
    I .. (your name) accept you/take you (grooms name) as my husband. I promise to be faithful to you in wealth and in adversity; In health and in sickness. To love you and respect you every day of my life".

Congratulations!!! ellicechristina

6. ellicechristina New Member

USA, English
    Nenistis,
    Thank you so much! That is just what I needed!