1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Proyecto de mejoramiento a la comunidad en tres líneas..."

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by bluelibelula, Mar 5, 2007.

1. bluelibelula New Member

english
    *Un pueblo un producto
    Proyecto de mejoramiento a la comunidad en tres líneas, presa sustentable,
    zócalo del pueblo y creación de cooperativas para productos de venta en el pueblo. Más información.
    Can you please help me translate this, it implies some words I dont understand. THANK YOU!

Lib

2. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Hi Lib... and welcome to WordReference.

So as not to deprive anyone of his/her learning experience --and since the members of our forums don't like it when a person asks for a translation without showing at least an initial attempt --please let us see your first attempt to render the translation.

Afterwards, we will provide corrections (if and when necessary) and offer additional suggestions.

Esteemed forum members: let's wait for Lib's first attempt..

Saludos,
    LN - Mod.

check out our rules here

3. nanel Senior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spain (Spanish)
    In the meantime, "proyecto de mejoramiento" is incorrect, it should say "proyecto the mejora" instead.

4. bluelibelula New Member

english
    *Un pueblo un producto
    Proyecto de mejoramiento a la comunidad en tres líneas, presa sustentable,
    zócalo del pueblo y creación de cooperativas para productos de venta en el pueblo. Más información.

One town one product
    Community improvement project with three objectives, natural enviromental participation , creation of the town square, and a cooperative group creating and selling local products in Oaxaca. More information.
    presa sustentable and creación de cooperativas para in these frases are not clear to me! My translation is missing something it is just not clear.

5. Whisky con ron Senior Member

Scotland
    Venezuela / Español
  6. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Thank you very much for your attempt! :thumbsup:

Here are my suggestions --although like you, I'm not too sure of what they're referring to by "presa sustentable". But we'll go into that a bit later on.

One town, one product
    three-level/three-pronged community improvement project: sustainable ________ , build the main square, and create cooperatives/cooperative groups to sell products in town (Oaxaca). More information.

Regarding "presa sustentable"... does this term come up again in the text? Maybe it's a typo or missprint?

Saludos,
    LN

7. bluelibelula New Member

english
    It is not bought up again! Presa is dam, or holding something back, I have done research and found nothing ""presa sustentable". Thanks