quando sarà possibile ricevere una risposta?

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by elpadu, Apr 24, 2013.

1. elpadu Junior Member

italian
    Ciao a tutti,

di recente ho inviato un'application per una posizione aperta tramite un sito internet.
    Mi avevano già anticipato che non avrei ricevuto una risposta in tempi rapidissimi, mi hanno però detto che per sollecitare informazioni potevo farlo sempre tramite il loro sito.
    Ora mi chiedevo in che modo sollecitare una risposta senza sembrare troppo impaziente/maleducato?

Ecco il mio tentativo:

Good afternoon,
    could you please, tell me when it will be possible to get any feedback from you regarding my application for Job ID xyz?
    looking for your answer, I am,
    Your sincerely

Cosa ne pensate?

2. Bookmom

Bookmom Senior Member

Before attempting an edit on your attempt, my thought would be to use language similar to the language the site uses to suggest you contact them to follow-up on your application. Can you post their original wording?

3. Paulfromitaly

Paulfromitaly MODerator

Brescia (Italy)
    Italian
    E anche il testo originale in italiano per favore.

4. elpadu Junior Member

italian
    Sul sito scrivono "We will keep you informed of the status of your application throughout the
    process. You can reach us through the "Contact us" feature on the top right corner of the
    website". Un amico olandese che aveva già inviato un application mi scrive "[...] you should write them a kind of reminder through the website. Generally it works..They speed up a little bit!"

Quello che vorrei scrivere è qualcosa di simile:
    "Buongiorno,
    con riferimento all'application da me inviata realtiva al Job ID xyz vorrei sapere, se possibile, indicativamente quando riceverò una risposta"

Job ID indica la posizione per la quale si invia la propria candidatura.
    Dato che, come mi suggeriscono, sollecitare via mail può servire ad accellerare un minimo, vorrei farlo ma senza sembrare troppo sgarbato.

5. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Ciao elpadu :)!
    Come da regolamento, dovresti prima fare un tentativo tu di traduzione ;)

6. elpadu Junior Member

italian
    Ciao!
    Ripeto il mio tentativo già postato in precedenza:

"Good afternoon - o Dear Sirs, -,
    could you please, tell me when it will be possible to get any feedback from you regarding my application for Job ID xyz?
    looking for your answer, I am,
    Your sincerely"

Sinceramente non vedo altri modi educati per esprimere il concetto ( che in sostanza è qualcosa tipo "è da quasi due mesi che state valutando...potrei sapere quando mi risponderete!")

7. joanvillafane Senior Member

U.S., New Jersey
    U.S. English
    Hi elpadu - following up on Bookmom's excellent suggestion to use the language of the site, I recommend using the word "status"

I am checking on the status of my application for job ...... etc...... Could you please let me know when I may expect your reply?

There are many possible ways to say this. I tried to stay close to your original Italian.

8. elpadu Junior Member

italian
    It sounds good! I think it may work!
    Grazie mille!

9. Bookmom

Bookmom Senior Member

Thanks, Joan. I was a headhunter (great thread on that title hidden somewhere in the WR archives) for 20 years in NYC and I always found the greatest success when mirroring the language of the potential employer. It shows them you "speak their language!", all puns intended.

10. elpadu Junior Member

italian
    "mirroring the language"? Do you mean to use the same expressions of the potential employer? So it means that if they wrote in the vacancy "procurement dep." I should use the same expression and not "sales dep." even if the meaning is more or less the same?

thank you for your help (before an interview it is helpful to talk to someone who stand on the other side of the barricade!)

Sorry, I meant "purchasing dep" not "sales dep."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  11. Bookmom

Bookmom Senior Member