Que sigue produciendo la figura del él

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by bella*, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bella* Senior Member

English
    Hola,

Tengo que traduccir: "Qué irremisible necesidad de mitos padecemos los humanos. Lo digo al hilo del embeleso acrítico que sigue produciendo la figura del Che"

Quiero saber si es el embeleso acítico que está produciendo la figura del Che o si el embeleso acrítico es producido por el che??

Que es el sujeto que sigue produciendo?

would it be translated as: I say this in respect to the unquestioned spell which continues to promote the figure of Che Guevara

or

I say this in respect to the fact that che continues to produce this unquestioned spell

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Gracias

Bella

2. manxo Senior Member

Pontevedra
    Galego y Castellano de España

3. srb62 Senior Member

Scotland
    British English
    I think that 'Che' would be the subject? I might try it like this:
    "I say this in the wake of the unchallengeable spell that the figure of Che continues to cast"

4. Milton Sand

Milton Sand Modómano, 'mano

Bucaramanga, Colombia
    Español (Colombia)
    Hi,
    El embeleso acrítico que sigue produciendo la figura del Che. = El embeleso acrítico que la figura del Che sigue produciendo.

I would suggest "uncritical fascination" instead of "unquestioned spell," but you are the Anglo.

Regards,
    ;)

5. srb62 Senior Member

Scotland
    British English
    As always this is very interesting.
    I like 'uncritical fascination' - and this is perhaps the most natural-sounding suggestion. The only thing is that I'd taken it as a requirement that we needed the idea of some kind of 'spell' - and if we did need to use the idea of a 'spell', then I don't think 'uncritical' would work along with it.

6. bella* Senior Member

English
    Thank you for all the replies and for correcting my Spanish!!!