Quick Links - View Forum Moderators

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by Kelly B, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English
    I just wrote this post elsewhere in comments and suggestions, and realized it's a shame that it isn't more obvious, since it's so easy to do once you know where to look. I knew exactly what the page I wanted looked like, having seen it often enough, but it took me some time to figure out how find it and pull it up.

The pull-down menu currently includes Subscribed Threads, Open Contacts Popup, and View Forum Moderators. You can find the first now using My Threads, and you can get contacts through the Community Menu, so I'd suggest eliminating the Quick Links pull-down menu in favor of a single button for View Forum Moderators.

I also wonder whether they ought to be sorted by forum rather than alphabetically, but given how many moderators are on multiple teams, it might be unwieldy or overly long. Perhaps you can play with that a bit to make it more user-friendly; but for now, my main concern is that people be able to find it in the first place. :)

2. Peterdg

Peterdg Senior Member

Belgium
    Dutch - Belgium
    I didn't even know it was in the "Quick links".

When I want to see that page, I go to the forum home page and near the bottom, there is a link: "View forum moderators".

3. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English
    Hey, look at that, maybe that's where I used to find it, before I found it under Quick Links. Thanks! :D I think it is more convenient, though, to access it from the top bar, since you can find it on any page instead of going to the home page first.

4. jann

jann co-mod'

English - USA
    Wait, there's a big difference in functionality between the Contacts Pop-up from the Quick Links menu and the "buddy list" page from the Community menu! I know of no other way to open the contacts pop-up besides via Quick Links, so I definitely would not want to see it eliminated!

FYI, the other place you can get to the View Forum Moderators link is down at the bottom of the WR Index page (below the C&S forum, above "What's going on?")