1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

quiz a risposta chiusa

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by The Harper, Jan 13, 2011.

1. The Harper Senior Member

Italy
    English - UK
    Can anyone tell me what this means? The context says they want to create a 'quiz a risposta chiusa (positiva o negativa)' however on the Internet I've seen 'quiz a risposta chiusa con risposte su scelta multipla'. What does it mean and does anyone have ideas on how to translate this? Thank you!

2. Alec71 Senior Member

Turin - Italy
    Italian
    It means that you are given several solutions to a question. The correct answer (along with others being wrong) is already available and you have to choose which option is right. On the other hand "a risposta aperta" is when you have to provide the answer on your own.

3. The Harper Senior Member

Italy
    English - UK
    Aah, in that case I suppose it's simply a 'multiple choice' quiz. Many thanks!

4. elena73

elena73 Senior Member

Tuscany
    ITALIAN
    :thumbsup:
    ...e ti confermo che in Italiano normalmente si trova, come in inglese, 'a risposta multipla'. La frase che hai trovato' quiz a risposta chiusa con risposte su scelta multipla' suona veramente cervellotica!

5. Alec71 Senior Member

Turin - Italy
    Italian
    You're right Elena. We always sound so redundant and tricky. I suppose the Harper had a doubt between a commonly said multiple choice quiz and an item/question for which you are only provided with 2 responses (for instance YES/NO) as mentioned at the very beginning of her 1st thread.