Rating posts: has it been adopted?

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by Joelline, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Joelline

Joelline Senior Member

USA (W. Pennsylvania)
    American English
    A couple of days ago, as usual, I checked my "Subscribed Threads" folder, and I discovered that one of the threads I had participated was active again. The thread is in the French-English forum and is entitled "EN: that / which". Unlike all the other threads listed, this one showed (next to the thread title) 3 gold stars, and when I passed my cursor over the 3 stars, it read, "Thread rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average."

I've checked several other pages, and this is the only thread that shows any such marking.

Why is this thread different from other threads? Has WR decided to implement a rating system? Can someone explain what is going on?
  2. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    Hi Joelline,

Looking at the date of the first post, I see it is from the Dark Ages, when threads had arbitrary, subjective ratings applied in a seemingly random fashion by some of the 246 members registered. [ 9th May 2005, 10:06 AM ] I exaggerate, but not by too much. The system was faulty, so the Administrator had the very good sense to turn it off.
  3. Joelline

Joelline Senior Member

USA (W. Pennsylvania)
    American English
    Hi Cuchu,

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't even check the date of the 1st post--just of the last post (but then, if I had checked the first date, I probably wouldn't have attributed any significance to it!). You're quite right about the ratings system: I hope we never go back to it!