1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by stuffybutter, Dec 8, 2012.

1. stuffybutter New Member

English
    Hola a todos,

Estoy traduciendo un acta de nacimiento de méxico del año 1938. Despues del nombre del niño Dice:

Mi pregunta es cómo traducir "registrado: vivo". Supongo que registrado significa el bebe y vivo es "alive". Ahora lo tengo traducido así: condition at time of registration: alive, pero no me parece bueno.

Gracias por su ayuda!

2. Tochka Senior Member

I believe the usual term used on English forms may be "live birth." See, e.g, the use at this site. It seems that in US use there is a distinction between "certificate of live birth" and "certification of live birth", the former being the birth certificate filled out at the hospital, and the latter being the state-issued birth certificate.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. stuffybutter New Member

English
    Thank you!

Stuffy

4. Tochka Senior Member

I hope it helps. Note that I revised my post on further thought; not sure if you saw the revision.

5. David Senior Member

The two items on the birth certificate you cite, though a little confusing as you put them together (vivo refers to one item; sexo to another), shd be translated:

Birth: Live
    Sex: Male

The "registrado," is the child being registered, but "registered" would make no sense in this context.