1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

relaciones de parentesco y patrimoniales de la familia

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by silverdaizy, Jan 30, 2011.

1. silverdaizy

silverdaizy Senior Member

Montreal
    Canada- English
    Can anyone clarify for me what exactly: "relaciones de parentesco y patrimoniales de la familia" means?

Is it relationships with relatives and family?

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

2. ZacaríasLS Senior Member

Florida
    English
    I would say,"relationships with your parents and your parent-in-laws."

Just a guess, but you should wait for a native speaker... Saludos

3. silverdaizy

Montreal
    Canada- English
    Thanks for your input Zacarias but I don't think that it's refering to just parents and in-laws...

I'm just not quite sure how far it extends..

Any other suggestions?

4. ZacaríasLS Senior Member

Florida
    English
    Umm, now that I think of it, it might mean your kinship and family heritage. :D

5. lospazio Senior Member

Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Castellano - Argentina
    I don't quite understand its meaning. It seems poor Spanish to me. I think that you should give us some more information about the context to better understand its sense.

Relación de parentesco is a phrase you employ to inform if two persons are related. For instance, you may be asked: ¿Cuál es su relación de parentesco con esta persona? The answer could be: Es mi esposa o Es mi madre.

As for relaciones patrimoniales, you should note that patrimonio means estate. Maybe it introduces a text which describes the properties owned by the members of a family and the way they would be inherited when those members die.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. silverdaizy

Montreal
    Canada- English
    OK, here's the context. Maybe it will help.

It's a university course decription for a course on legal tools for social workers:

"Curso teórico práctico que pretende introducir al estudiante de Trabajo Social en el conocimiento de herramientas jurídicas para la intervención social en materia de organización y funcionamiento de las relaciones interpersonales, de parentesco y patrimoniales de la familia."

Thanks for all your input so far!

-Silverdaizy :)

7. ZacaríasLS Senior Member

Florida
    English
    "Theoretical and practical course which aims to introduce students to the social work knowledge of legal tools for social intervention in the organization and functioning of interpersonal relationships, kinship and family heritage.

Like I said... Saludos :D