Relance dossier de candidature

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Aude92, May 27, 2011.

1. Aude92 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a student in a business school and I need to find an internship abroad for next year.. So I have sent a few applications to american companies but I don't really know how to "relancer" the companies.
    Here is what I have thought of :

"Dear Sir or Madame,
    I am contacting you again as I have no answer from you so far.
    I am very interested in carrying out my 5 months internship in you company and I would be delighted if you could return my mail about my application."

Could you tell me if it's a good "relance" ? By the way how do you say "relance" in english ?

Thank you in advance ! :)

2. gwencpt Member

South Africa
    Je ne suis pas certaine qu'il y ait de traduction littérale de "relancer"... Je pense qu'il faut une traduction moins littérale de ce que tu as fait... A voir ce que disent les natives...

My attempt:

Dear Sir, Dear Madam

As I haven't heard back from you yet, I take this opportunity to once again express my interest in completing a 5-months internship within your company. Could you please get back to me regarding my application at your earliest convenience?

Kind regards
  3. carog Senior Member

England - Hampshire
    French - France
    I think I'd say a "follow-up letter".
  4. Aude92 New Member

Super, merci beaucoup pour vos réponses rapides !

Bonne journée :)
  5. misterk Moderator

Dear Sir, Dear Madame:

As a follow-up to my letter of [date], I am writing to reaffirm my interest in doing a five-month internship at [name of company]. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards
  6. Aude92 New Member

Oh by the way, I got a voice mail from the US but I couldn't listen to it :(
    Do you think I can ask in my email something like : " I got a voice mail from the US but it was impossible to listen to it, did you try to reach me ?"
    The problem is that I wrote to several companies and I don't really know which one it could be...
    Thanks again for your opinion !
    Bye :)
  7. misterk Moderator

I recently received a voice-mail mesage on my phone. I could see that the sender was in the US, but unfortunately the message itself did not come through clearly. If you were trying to reach me, please.... (try again? email me at this address...? etc.)
  8. Aude92 New Member

Great ! Thank you very much for your advice and for your time ! :)