1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

renforcement des capacités institutionnelles de gestion économique

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by squeaksoup, Dec 31, 2008.

1. squeaksoup Senior Member

USA English
    [FONT=&quot]La Banque a apport[FONT=&quot]é[/FONT][FONT=&quot] au Gouvernement, à titre de subvention, des ressources d’un montant n’excédant pas 3 millions d’UC pour participer au financement du projet de renforcement des capacités institutionnelles de gestion économique de la RCA. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Bank has provided the Government with, as a subsidy, resources not exceeding 3 million UC to participate in financing of the project for institutional capacity building for economic management of the CAR.
    [/FONT]

There are two many "de" s in this last phrase. I am having a hard time figuring what goes with what. And my translation sounds very translated and I'm not even sure it's the right meaning. Thanks for any help.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. Janni65 Senior Member

London
    English - GB
    Firstly, what is RCA/CAR? - I can't find it on Google.

The sentence is about 'strengthening the institutions' rather than 'institutional capacity building', but I can help more if I understand what the RCA is/does.

3. squeaksoup Senior Member

USA English
    It's the Central African Republic.

4. Janni65 Senior Member

London
    English - GB
    Thank you.

The Bank has issued the Government with a subsidy....to be used to strengthen the CAR institutions involved in economic administration.

(Wait for other replies though - I'm not sure of the best translation for gestion économique in this case)