renforcement des capacités institutionnelles de gestion économique

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by squeaksoup, Dec 31, 2008.

1. squeaksoup Senior Member

USA English
    La Banque a apporté au Gouvernement, à titre de subvention, des ressources d’un montant n’excédant pas 3 millions d’UC pour participer au financement du projet de renforcement des capacités institutionnelles de gestion économique de la RCA.

The Bank has provided the Government with, as a subsidy, resources not exceeding 3 million UC to participate in financing of the project for institutional capacity building for economic management of the CAR.

There are two many "de" s in this last phrase. I am having a hard time figuring what goes with what. And my translation sounds very translated and I'm not even sure it's the right meaning. Thanks for any help.

2. Janni65 Senior Member

London
    English - GB
    Firstly, what is RCA/CAR? - I can't find it on Google.

The sentence is about 'strengthening the institutions' rather than 'institutional capacity building', but I can help more if I understand what the RCA is/does.

3. squeaksoup Senior Member

USA English
    It's the Central African Republic.

4. Janni65 Senior Member

London
    English - GB
    Thank you.

The Bank has issued the Government with a subsidy....to be used to strengthen the CAR institutions involved in economic administration.

(Wait for other replies though - I'm not sure of the best translation for gestion économique in this case)