1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

reservas prefactibles (mining)

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by eizmarcos, Jun 25, 2013.

1. eizmarcos New Member

English - US
    Hello,
    I've been working on some mining reports and have come across a number for an AVALÚO RESERVAS PREFACTIBLES for a gold mine. I think this is the same as proven reserves, but I've never seen this terminology before, Word Forum doesn't have the word "prefactible", I mean I guess it's got to be "pre-feasible reserves" but it takes 2 years worth of " RESERVAS PREFACTIBLES O DE TRABAJO" takes off an estimated error of 5%, and then gives the number of gold ounces in reserve "a la vista", and by multiplying that by the price of gold, you get the AVALÚO RESERVAS PREFACTIBLES. So it is proven or "seen" reserves, but a translation or proper way to say this in English would be much appreciate.

Gracias

2. Keahi Senior Member

España
    castellano, Perú
    Hello.
    Avalúo = Valuation.
    Factible = Achievable.
    Prefactible o pre-factible = Pre-achievable.
    And the most important is "Reservas prefactibles" = Potential reserves o probable reserves or estimated reserves.
    My suggestion: Avalúo reservas prefactibles = Potential reserves valuation.
    You can wait more suggestions.
    Please correct my English. Thanks.

3. eizmarcos New Member

English - US
    Gracias, Keahi. I followed your same logic and would have thought it would have been "probable" or "potential reserves" but they have a greater figure already, above that, for reservas probables, so it must be a more defined estimate, yet still not "proven". I've asked a mining consultant in chile for his opinion, I'll report back his answer.

De nuevo, gracias.

4. Sethi I

Sethi I Senior Member

Los Ángeles-Chile
    Spanish-Chile
    Hallo:
    Blame the writer of that book !, think we´ve got kind of semantic discussion here ( that term ummmm...), for me "reservas factibles" means that you have a "potentially" mineral resources that are mineable, but you have to better asses the real resources after other geological studies.
    Usually in geology you allways say.....for proven resources/reservas probadas (medidas)
    for probable resources/reservas probables (indicadas)
    for possible resources/reservas inferidas (inferred)...think this term is more like you ask for
    See you

5. eizmarcos New Member

English - US
    Saludos al sur de chile, Sethi. Y gracías. Si, debe ser inferred reserves.... Pero si, ya catcho lo que ellos quieren decir, solo fue el mejor manera para traducirlo al íngles. Gracias a ti y Keahi de nuevo por el attencion y tiempo.

6. projectguy Senior Member

Chile
    English - Canada
    Here's where formality of terminology is required. The English words relating to mineral resources and reserves are controlled by securities regulations in many countries.

http://web.cim.org/UserFiles/File/CIM_DEFINITON_STANDARDS_Nov_2010.pdf

The classifications of reserves (reservas) are:

Probable Mineral Reserve

A „Probable Mineral Reserve. is the economically mineable part of an Indicated and, in some circumstances, a Measured Mineral Resource demonstrated by at least a Preliminary Feasibility Study. This Study must include adequate information on mining, processing, metallurgical, economic, and other relevant factors that demonstrate, at the time of reporting, that economic extraction can be justified.

Proven Mineral Reserve

A „Proven Mineral Reserve. is the economically mineable part of a Measured Mineral Resource demonstrated by at least a Preliminary Feasibility Study. This Study must include adequate information on mining, processing, metallurgical, economic, and other relevant factors that demonstrate, at the time of reporting, that economic extraction is justified.

The classifications for resources (recursos) are:

Inferred resources
    Indicated resources
    Measured resources

Chile (a major mining country) has developed a consistent code, wherein the following terms are defined:

Recurso Inferido
    Recurso Indicado
    Recurso Medido

Reserva Probable
    Reserva Probada

http://comisionminera.cl/documentac...tos-de-exploracin-recursos-y-reservas-mineras

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013