1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Riassume la filosofia della x

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Kade2011, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Kade2011 Senior Member

English-British
    Hi I was hoping someone could help me make sense of this sentence. It's talking about a company that has produced its product for a long time, I guess it would be called promotional material.

Riassume la filosofia della X che in più di 80 anni di attività attraverso la grande passione per il X ha maturato una profonda esperienza grazie alla quale è riuscita a fondere le tecniche di lavorazione artigianale con i più alti standard tecnologici dei macchinari utilizzati.

The philosophy of X is summed up by its more than 80 years of being in business, through its great passion for X, has accrued/built up a depth of experience thanks to which it has been able to combine /has succeeded in combining artisan production techniques with the highest technological standards of the machinery/equipment used.

I'm not 100% sure that I've gotten the sense right. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Odysseus54

Odysseus54 Mod huc mod illuc

In the hills of Marche
    Italian - Marche
    From a purely grammatical point of view, there's something missing - what exactly is the subject of 'Riassume' ? You are using "its more than 80 years of being in business" as the agent of the verb turned into passive, but I don't see that as being the subject in the original Italan sentence.

Are you sure you didn't omit a word or two in your quote ?

3. Kade2011 Senior Member

English-British
    Hi, that's my problem too, I'm not exactly sure what riassume is connected with. This is the sentence copy and pasted but I don't think it's any different to what I have above. I've only omitted the name of the company and what they make.

Riassume la filosofia della X che in più di 80 anni di attività attraverso la grande passione per il X ha maturato una profonda esperienza grazie alla quale è riuscita a fondere le tecniche di lavorazione artigianale con i più alti standard tecnologici dei macchinari utilizzati.

4. Odysseus54

Odysseus54 Mod huc mod illuc

In the hills of Marche
    Italian - Marche
    Beats me - you can't just hang a verb to dry like that. I'd go back to the source and ask them where the darn subject is :)

5. Kade2011 Senior Member

English-British
    Haha, ok, good to know I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks.