Russian Forum now defaulting to Arial font

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by mkellogg, Feb 21, 2013.

1. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    Hi everybody,

It was brought to my attention that the default font of Verdana was not displaying Russian diacritics/accents correctly for some people. After a little investigation, I found that it occurred for people using Windows XP and earlier Windows operating systems.

So, I've changed the default to Arial for the Russian forum, which is quite similar and should show the diacritics in their correct place. You can still change the font for your own posts, but this will be the new default unless there are problems. Please let me know if this causes any problems!

Mike

PS. I will move this thread to the Comments and Suggestions forum after a week or so.

2. Nanon

Nanon Senior Member

Entre Paris et Lisbonne
    français (France)
    Hi Mike,

Great improvement, thanks :thumbsup:. However quotes from other posts (even recent posts formatted in Arial) still appear in Verdana - can this be fixed as well, please? I hope I'm not asking too much.

3. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    Hi Nanon,

Can you please give me an example?

(I'm moving this thread to C&S where it belongs.)

Mike

4. Sobakus Senior Member

Hi Mike,

Here's one.

5. Nanon

Nanon Senior Member

Entre Paris et Lisbonne
    français (France)
  6. mkellogg Administrator

South Florida
    English - US
    Thanks. I think I've got it fixed. Let me know if there are any problems.

Also, since Arial seems slightly smaller by default than Verdana, I increased the font size for the posts.

7. Sobakus Senior Member

I actually wanted to suggest increasing the font size, so that's a welcome change :) However, might I suggest increasing it in quotes as well, since it's the old size there?