sarandí blanco / pata de vaca

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by cali, Jan 13, 2005.

1. cali New Member

Uruguay, Spanish and English
    Muy buenos días,

Alguien me podría informar por favor cómo se dicen en inglés las yerbas naturales conocidas popularmente como "pata de vaca", "sarandí blanco", y "ortiga blanco o manso"? Es para obtenerlas de urgencia en California para una condición médica.

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

2. Leopold

Leopold Senior Member

Barcelona
    es-ES
  3. cali New Member

Thank you, Leopold. I'll search the websites you cited. I understand that "ortiga" is "nettles"... I was wondering if there are any alternative names to the others, either popular or scientific, to make sure we are finding the right substances. Very kind of you to respond so promptly.

4. Leopold

Leopold Senior Member

Barcelona
    es-ES
    Yes cali, you can find other common names and scientific names on the sites i posted. But anyway, they gave those names (including "white ortiga") as the common ones.

L.

5. cali New Member

Thank you, Leopold. I went to the websites you indicated and they are excellent references. I was surprised to see, as you said, that some of the common names are also listed as the scientific names. But the descriptions clarify sufficiently the type of herb we are looking for, which solves the linguistic dilema... These references will also be helpful for the future. Warm thanks and best regards, Cali