scambio delle buone prassi già acquisite

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by gettingby, Apr 25, 2012.

1. gettingby Senior Member

Italy
    AmEnglish
    Hello,
    I've read the available threads but still wonder about this reference to a potential network of university departments.

"La rete creata potràcontinuare a collaborare, anche dopo la conclusione del progetto epermetterà inoltre un continuo scambio delle buone prassi giàacquisite."

How does this seem?
    The network created maycontinue to collaborate even after the conclusion of the project, which will (also) allow for [allowing for?] the continual exchange of the good practices [already] acquired [established? in place?].

Is it me or are there words in Italian that we just don't need in English and that don't really help?

2. london calling Senior Member

SALERNO, ITALY
    UK ENGLISH
    Careful with the spacing.:)

"La rete creata potrà continuare a collaborare, anche dopo la conclusione del progetto e permetterà inoltre un continuo scambio delle buone prassi già acquisite."

I prefer co-operate to collaborate (it can have connotations in English which it doesn't have in Italian).:) Anyway, I think I'd paraphrase the sentence (but my attempt is even windier than the original!):D.

The departments which make up/are part of the network will be able to continue co-operating/working with each other even once the project has been completed. Furthermore, the network will allow for on-going exchange of the good practices which have already been established/acquired

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. gettingby Senior Member

Italy
    AmEnglish
    Thanks, London Calling- I hadn't even THOUGHT of the connotations of collaborate.

4. rrose17

rrose17 Senior Member

Montreal
    Canada, English
    Maybe a little less windy :D but still a mouthful... I have no idea what good practices are really.
    Even after the project's completion the network will allow for continued inter-departmental cooporation as well as the exchange of the good practices already acquired.

5. Lorena1970

Lorena1970 Senior Member

Italy, Italiano
    Generally what in Italian we call "buone prassi/buone pratiche" corresponds to the English "best practice"

6. london calling Senior Member

SALERNO, ITALY
    UK ENGLISH
    That sounds better, rrose!:D

And yes, Lo, best practice, quite so.:)