1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Seasoned equity offering (SEO)

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by IDIR, Mar 12, 2011.

1. IDIR Junior Member

Spanish
    Hi all,

I would like to find the official Spanish translation for the commonly known Seasoned Equity Offerings (or SEOs). I have also known that this is also called Secondary equity offering... I can find "oferta secundaria"... does this make any sense...

Here you have a little bit of context in order to make you understand a little bit more:

Furthermore, after *seasoned equity offerings* (SEO) individual stock returns are poor, and continue to be mediocre for more than a year following the offering (Loughran and Ritter, 1995; Spiess and Affleck-Graves, 1995).

Thanks a lot for your help!
    BR
    I.

2. teatom

teatom Senior Member

Bogota Colombia
    German, fluent in English and Spanish
    Hi, Idir
    Hace un minutdo encontrá esta definition en Investopedia:
    "An issue of securities from an established company whose existing shares have exhibited stable price movements and substantial trading volume over time, thereby earning a good reputation. This is also known as a "seasoned equity offering" (SEO).
    These types of stocks have high liquidity within the secondary market. "
    Pero no vuelve a mostrar la misma página. Traducción literal: Acciones emitidas por empresas reconocidas. Pero no sé si existe un término especial. Tu contexto parece describir una reacción menos que la esperada por los inversionistas.
    ciao