Seasoned equity offering (SEO)

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by IDIR, Mar 12, 2011.

1. IDIR Member

Hi all,

I would like to find the official Spanish translation for the commonly known Seasoned Equity Offerings (or SEOs). I have also known that this is also called Secondary equity offering... I can find "oferta secundaria"... does this make any sense...

Here you have a little bit of context in order to make you understand a little bit more:

Furthermore, after *seasoned equity offerings* (SEO) individual stock returns are poor, and continue to be mediocre for more than a year following the offering (Loughran and Ritter, 1995; Spiess and Affleck-Graves, 1995).

Thanks a lot for your help!
  2. teatom

teatom Senior Member

Bogota Colombia
    German, fluent in English and Spanish
    Hi, Idir
    Hace un minutdo encontrá esta definition en Investopedia:
    "An issue of securities from an established company whose existing shares have exhibited stable price movements and substantial trading volume over time, thereby earning a good reputation. This is also known as a "seasoned equity offering" (SEO).
    These types of stocks have high liquidity within the secondary market. "
    Pero no vuelve a mostrar la misma página. Traducción literal: Acciones emitidas por empresas reconocidas. Pero no sé si existe un término especial. Tu contexto parece describir una reacción menos que la esperada por los inversionistas.