Sens des responsabilités

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Staarkali, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Staarkali

Staarkali Senior Member

Hello all,

I translating into English the résumé of my colleague and I would like to express sens des responsabilités in English;

could it be liability sense?

how do you write it in your own résumé?

2. Ayoup Senior Member

France, Français
    Someone who has "le sens des responsbilités" is a "responsible person". I just don't know how to phrase it for a résumé.

3. bloomiegirl

bloomiegirl Senior Member

New York
    US English
    What's the whole phrase?

4. Staarkali

Staarkali Senior Member

Nothing, it's to be put in a résumé in the frame where you put your personal skills (whenever you use one) which is just under the personal information and the possible picture and above the background and professional experience

For instance,
    Sens des responsabilités (reponsibility/liability sense?), ability to work under pressure
    Ability for team leading, team work spirit
    Mandarin & Shanghainese mother language, English conversational

(you might feel free to rewrite all of the above if it doesn't sound natural)

5. Ayoup Senior Member

France, Français
    "sense of responsibility" (note the spelling and the word ordrer) has 1,750,000 occurences in Google. Guess it's safe to use it. Definition from the Freedictionary: an awareness of your obligations.

6. bloomiegirl

bloomiegirl Senior Member

New York
    US English
    OK, I'm with Ayoup on this - "responsible person" or "sense of responsibility."

(But these phrases may sound like clichés... unless they can be described more concretely.... As in, "managed 12 people," "delivered product early even though staff quit"... And these items would be listed in the Experience part of the resume.)

7. Staarkali

Staarkali Senior Member

Oops! Nothing but typo (see first post :) )!
    Thanks for pointing it out though :thumbsup: