Siempre que llueve, escampa y ya dejó de llover

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by DEBRA, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DEBRA New Member

english
    Can someone please translate this sentence for me?

Siempre que llueve, escampa.Y ya dejo de llover.

Thank you so much, debra

2. davidl243

davidl243 Senior Member

London, England
    English, Scotland
    Hi Debra,
    I think the sentence is badly written - it should be "siempre que llueve, escampa. Y ya dejó de llover.", which would mean "whenever it rains, it always stops. And it has already stopped raining."

3. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Hi Debra... and welcome to WordReference.

Siempre que llueve, escampa Y ya dejo de llover = every times it rains, it stops raining and it already stopped raining

Saludos,
    LN

P.S. You will notice I changed your thread's title to include the actual phrase you needed help with on the title.
    From now on, please write down the actual term or phrase on the title, as this 1) assists our dictionaries' Search function, and 2) provides at-a-glance thread differentiation.
    Thanks in advance for your future cooperation in this regard. :thumbsup:

4. lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Another indication for your benefit, Debra. :)

I saw you opened two threads to ask the same question.
    So, for your convenience --and in order to avoid unnecessary duplicity in our forums -- I have merged both threads here.

Please post a question only once. We are a very active language community, and replies to your questions will usually appear promptly.

Saludos,
    LN - Mod

5. DEBRA New Member

english
    Thank you for your advise and all your help. I am new at using forums and apologize for any inconvenience regarding this matter. I am learning

6. telizo New Member

Castillian, Uruguay
    Hello. When I was growing in Uruguay I heard many times in reference to having patience when things weren't going well, "siempre que llovio, paro". The other way would be to say "No hay mal que dure cien años, ni cuerpo que lo soporte", which conveys the same idea (patience).
    As to the one above, "escampar" can be translated as a concept as "clear", which would make the phrase "Whenever it rains, it clears, so then the rain stopped"

7. FLFH Senior Member

spanish
    Desde que era muy chico escuché siempre: "Nunca ha llovido que no haya escampado"... ;)