1. cacahuete! Junior Member

Hi everybody!

There is one part of a sentence that confuses me, therefore I need your help.

The sentence in question is: "Eso me aportaba un primer dato contradictorio con el esquema apriorístico que siempre se tiene y me había hecho también para aquel caso."

The text is about an investigator that is dealing with a murder case. I don't quite understand the bolded text.

Could someone explain to me what he is doing with the aprioristic method?

Thank you in advance.
  2. micafe

micafe Senior Member

United States
    Spanish - Colombia
    It's a strange sentence. What I understand is that the subject always has an "aprioristic diagram" and has also made one for that particular case.
  3. MarlyK

MarlyK Senior Member

Spanish - Venezuelan
    I read that as meaning that the detective has found a clue that contradicts the predetermined assumptions that one tends to have and that he also created for this particular case. So now he's beginning to doubt those assumptions, I imagine, and maybe he's reexamining the clues.
  4. micafe

micafe Senior Member

United States
    Spanish - Colombia
    Oh, yes, of course. I only dealt with the one sentence cacahuete didn't understand..:)
  5. cacahuete! Junior Member

That's exactly how I understood it, I was just confused with the esquema, because I thought it was some kind of a method the investigator used.

Thank you both for your effort.