Signing a note to a friend "Love..."

Discussion in 'עברית (Hebrew)' started by EveOz, Sep 6, 2013.

1. EveOz New Member

English
    Hello, this is my first post. Hope this is an appropriate question for this forum.

When writing a personal note to a close, non-romantic friend, what is the colloquial Hebrew equivalent of "Love," or "Fondly"? (Transliteration, please.)

For example, a close, male, non-romantic friend of mine came home from the hospital much better than he went in. I want to tell him I'm glad he's better and offer to help in any way I can (take care of his cat, etc.), and I want to sign the note the equivalent of "Love, Eve." He's Jewish and so am I, but he has a good knowledge of Hebrew... me, not so much. In English you sign "Love" to a whole range of people, but I don't want to put my foot in my mouth or say the wrong thing. We often say "I love you" to each other in person.

Thanks (and sorry if this isn't the sort of question y'all answer). I looked around the interwebs for a place to ask my question and this seemed an intelligent, active, and authoritative community.

2. tFighterPilot Senior Member

Israel - Hebrew
    באהבה, pronounced be'ahavá, meaning "with love" or more precisely "in love".

3. EveOz New Member

English
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm slow to get back to you. So be'ahava is okay for friends and my friend won't get the wrong idea? Are there other complimentary close phrases, too, used in correspondence?