sistema normativo

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by annina--85, May 20, 2009.

1. annina--85 Junior Member

Bologna, Italy
    Italian
    how would you translate "sistema normativo"? system of Law?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. max63 Senior Member

Milan
    Italy, Italian
    Si sta aprlando di un contesto tecnico o di uno legale?

3. billykwan Junior Member

US - English
    More context is needed, but "normative system" or "system of norms" would be the most literal translation. It most likely refers to an established set of shared assumptions among a group of people (or groups of people, i.e. states) regarding appropriate behavior. Thus, for example, one might argue that an international normative system developed with the advent of embassies and diplomatic relations between states.

4. annina--85 Junior Member

Bologna, Italy
    Italian
    you're right, you don't have enough information.

I'm not sure it's the right definition.. the context is specific-juridical, it refers to the whole of laws that continuously changes.

the statement is:
    "il sistema normativo si riproduce nella relazione dialettica che intercorre tre legge "positiva" e diritto "vivente"."

I've tried:

"The system of norms can be found in the dialectic relation between “positive” law and “living” right "

thank you very much!

5. max63 Senior Member

Milan
    Italy, Italian
    I'm sorry but I could only be of help in technical field where such expression is translated as "standard system" or "group of standards", but these cannot be used in legal field
    Sorry again
    Max

6. billykwan Junior Member

US - English
    I might be able to suggest a better translation: "The normative system reproduces itself in the dialectic relationship that exists between 'positive' law and 'living' law."

Someone with a better legal background will know better, but I think "diritto vivente" would be akin to "customary law" in English. But since it seems to be a specifically Italian legal-technical term, perhaps its best to leave it as "living law", as I've done above. Anyhow, I hope this helps.

7. annina--85 Junior Member

Bologna, Italy
    Italian
    thank you very much, really useful.
    anyway, I'm talking about the System of norms visited by a naturalistic view. in that case, I think that living law could fit...

8. Maggiie New Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Ciao,
    invece come tradurreste "sistemi di controllo normativo dell’economia"?

Grazie mille!

9. Teerex51

Teerex51 Senior Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Una possibilità: the economy's regulatory system.

10. Maggiie New Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Grazie Teerex,
    detto così è completamente sbagliato? "government control system of economics norms"

11. Teerex51

Teerex51 Senior Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Mi sembra un po' ridondante....;)

Potresti anche dire government controls on the economy, government-controlled economy, ecc.

12. Maggiie New Member

Milan, Italy
    Italian
    Thanks a lot!! :)