slap-job

Discussion in 'English Only' started by chinada, May 4, 2013.

1. chinada Junior Member

Chinese-Mandarin
    Hello all

A new expression: slap-job.

Saw it on the first page today's MSN website. First page, the pictures, right now, it's the 7th. The words read: "Who knew that cat photos peppered with Impact bold or slap-job Photoshop pics could be so infectious? These viral hits bring comedy-creation to the masses."

What does it mean? Can't find it in dictionaries and the search here.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  2. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    What explanation are you looking for: slap-job or the underlined text? Don't say both because we only allow one question per thread. :)

3. chinada Junior Member

Chinese-Mandarin
    Sorry, copyright
    I meant to ask about "slap-job" as I indicated in the title. The underlined part was copied over from the original MSN webpage and I could not rid the underline.
    I'll officially ask again: what does the expression "slap-job" mean?

Thank you!

4. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    I've never heard slap-job before, so I can only tell you what comes to my mind: a slapdash Photoshop treatment. Or possibly slapping one image on top of another, collage-style, to create an image in Photoshop, but I think the slapdash Photoshop treatment or alteration is more likely.

[slapdash] is in a careless, hasty, or haphazard manner. (In other words, the job of altering something in Photoshop doesn't take a lot of work or artistry.)

5. chinada Junior Member

Chinese-Mandarin
    Thank you copyright!

I think you're right.