Sleeping Funds

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by Aliaisy, May 31, 2013.

1. Aliaisy New Member

I would like to ask what "Utilization of Sleeping funds" mean? And How would you say it in Spanish? I've been trying to find the meaning of it and i guess it is something like funds that have not been utilized?
  2. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Welcome, Aliasy! :)
    I think you're right, but could you provide more context?
  3. Aliaisy New Member

Well, it is not very easy,

The letter starts like this:
    ¨Subject: Utilization of sleeping funds

Dear Sir,

We are interested to pursue in utilization of the international maritime judgments we hold against xxx¨
  4. Aliaisy New Member

I would also like to add that this letter is badly written in English, so it is very hard for me to even understand what is the subject just by reading it. As for the subject, how could i say it in Spanish? Utilización de fondos no utilizados. There has to be some sort of terminology for this, but unfortunately i can´t find anything relative to it.
  5. Ayutuxtepeque

Ayutuxtepeque Moderador

San Salvador, El Salvador
    Español salvadoreño
    Hola Aliaisy:

Welcome to our Financial Forum!

Even though the context is not enough, "sleeping funds", sounds to me, as an alternative term for either "dormant funds", "idle funds" or even, "unclaimed funds".

Please see the following definitions:

As to the Spanish translation for these terms, depending on your global context, you may use "fondos inactivos", "fondos ociosos" or "fondos no reclamados".