1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by margara00, Jan 23, 2007.

1. margara00 Senior Member

Honduras-spanish
    "Debe iniciarse el proceso de constitución legal como una Sociedad Anónima de Capital variable,"

como se puede decir este termino. se que sociedad anonima es "public limited corporation, pero lo demas. gracias

2. Fernando Senior Member

Madrid
    Spain, Spanish
    Las SA de CV son sociedades constituidas normalmente de acuerdo al derecho mexicano. Aunque no sé si hay SA de Capital Fijo entiendo que sus diferencias con una SA según Derecho español o de otros países son mínimos.

Espera a algún mexicano pero entiendo que Plc es su equivalente inglés.

3. deborahgym2 Junior Member

English USA
    Hi,
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me translate the following sentence: they are talking about contracts:
    celebrado por una parte por ......... , SOCIEDAD ANONIMA DE CAPITAL VARIABLE.
    Thank you,
    deborah

4. alberto magnani Senior Member

lima,perú
    Italia italiano
    Public Limited company with the option to change (+ or -) the capital without any change in the original act of constitution.

5. deborahgym2 Junior Member

English USA
    thank you so much! Could this perhaps have an abbreviation of some sort, for example an LLC etc.? In other words, can public limited corporation have an abbreviation of some sort? Thanks again,
    deborah

6. alberto magnani Senior Member

lima,perú
    Italia italiano
    " PLC " I only see it in UK and Ireland.

7. IBR Senior Member

Mexicali, B.C., México
    México Lindo y Querido - Español

Yo encuentro LLC como la traducción idónea para este término. Tiene más similitudes que diferencias. Incluso lo he discutido con contadores bilingües y están de acuerdo, así que esta es la traducción que yo uso en mis traducciones.

Espero les sirva.

8. IBR Senior Member

Mexicali, B.C., México
    México Lindo y Querido - Español

Yes, most definitely!

LLC is the translation I use for this term for American English, Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable, or S.A. de C.V.

:)

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  9. Fernando Senior Member

Madrid
    Spain, Spanish
    Entiendo que una SA de CV én Derecho mexicano es el término equivalente a Sociedad Anónima en Derecho español y en varios países americanos.

Si es así entiendo que es más una Plc, no una LLC(en el Reino Unido) o una Corporation en EE.UU., donde entiendo que las denominaciones son más difusas y dependen del estado que se trate.

10. SJV Senior Member

California
    English-US
    I think "capital variable" refers to a publicly-traded company. That is, it has stock that is variable in value.

11. katemex New Member

english-american
    Hi all! I am translating a business plan for a Mexican company that is registered as a Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable. What is the English equivalent of this term? Thank you so much!

12. zumac Senior Member

Mexico City
    USA: English & Spanish
    There is no standard equivalent in English. You might find a definition somewhere, but what you want is a term. I would just refer to the company in English as XXXX SACV.

The most important part is the translation of the business plan, and not the SACV.

Keep in mind that the legal systems of the US and Mexico are different, i.e., Common Law vs. Civil Code. This affects the incorporation rules of companies.

Saludos.

13. katemex New Member

english-american
    Sounds good, thanks Zumac!

14. Lamemoor Senior Member

Perú
    Peru - Spanish

Hola:

sociedad anónima: (UK) limited company; (USA) (business) corporation
    para capital variable (fracción del capital representada por la mano de obra): variable capital.

Espero te ayude.

Saludos

L.

15. chilangamiss Junior Member

mexico-Spanish
    so, is it ok to say, in the case of USA:
    Limited Corporation of Variable Capital?
    Thanks!

16. guera New Member

Mexico City
    Spanish - Mexico
    In Mexico a limited corporation is not a sociedad anónima. It is actually a sociedad de responsabilidad limitada.

The difference between the SA (from other Spanish speaking countries) and the SA de CV (in Mexico) is that for some reason, the SA has a fixed capital that can only be increased or reduced by amending the by-laws and the SA de CV has a fixed capital and a variable capital, where the variable capital may be increased or reduced without amending the by-laws or recording the change in capital in the public registry.

I was looking for an accurate translation, even though such translation is not a kind of corporation in the UK or the US, and the closest I got was "stock corporation".