1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Solicitud de compra

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Choni, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Choni Senior Member

Madrid
    Spanish (Spain)
    Hi,

I need to translate into English "solicitud de compra" in a business context. I've seen other threads in the forum, but they do not apply to the translation I need. The whole sentence (please, correct it if there is something wrong) is:

La Solicitud de compra es el inicio de la gestión de la compra, donde la unidad presupuestaria concreta los materiales o servicios a adquirir.

My translation is:

The Purchase Request is the beginning of the purchase management, where the budget unit specified the materials or services to be purchased.

thank you for your help

2. Lis48

Lis48 Senior Member

York, England
    English - British
    We would say "purchase order" in BE. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchase_order
    My suggestion, trying to avoid over repetition of the word purchase:
    The purchase order is the start of the buying process where the budget unit specifies which materials or services are to be purchased.

3. turi Senior Member

En un lugar de Catalunya
    Catalán y castellano.
    Yo creo que la "purchase order" es la que se hace una vez la compra esté aprobada por la unidad presupuestaria y se manda al suministrador. Quizá una posible traducción sería "field request".

Saludos, t.

4. De Bezetene Senior Member

Oranjestad
    Pap, Ned, Eng, Span
    Acquisition request?

5. turi Senior Member

En un lugar de Catalunya
    Catalán y castellano.
    También "materials request", "equipment request", etc.

6. Choni Senior Member

Madrid
    Spanish (Spain)
    Thank you all. You've been a great help.

Bye