soportes documentales

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by alaitz_82, Jan 27, 2013.

1. alaitz_82 Senior Member

castellano
    Hello! Not sure how to translate "soporte documental".

Original: "Mantener al día el archivo de las certificaciones y soportes documentales requeridos por el Sitema de Calibración de forma conjunta con el Proveedor contratado para la gestión global de la calibración."

"To bring up to date certificate and documentary archive required by the Calibration System together with/jointly with the contracted Supplier for the calibration global management."

"To bring up to date certificate archive and documentary support required by the Calibration System together with/jointly with the contracted Supplier for the calibration global management."

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. kayokid

kayokid Senior Member

Chicago
    English, USA
    Hello. This may be a stupid comment/question but can't you just use 'supporting documents' here?

3. alaitz_82 Senior Member

castellano
    It could be, and "supporting documentation" as well???

Is not a stupid question as I didn't know the term in English.

4. kayokid

kayokid Senior Member

Chicago
    English, USA
    I suppose that "supporting documentation" is theoretically possible. Somehow, to me personally, the document is the physical thing, that is, the piece of paper and the documentation is the work that is done which provides the information that is contained in the final report (the document). This may be 'splitting hairs' and others may not agree to this distinction.

I hope this is helpful. Let's see what others think.

5. alaitz_82 Senior Member

castellano
    I undertand by "Documentación" in Spanish, what you have just described but it can be also a pile of documents.

Anyways, I think you must be right and I'll use "supporting documents".. Thank you!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013